Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spouse of the Year!

Andy wins the "Spouse of the Year" award! I was part of the percentage of people who experience extreme pain with Appendicitis. I was very cross and very mean to Andy. I was crying. I wouldn't do anything he asked me to do. Simply put, by Andy, I was not an easy patient. Through it all, Andy continued to be kind, caring and he got me the help I needed. Sorry I was so mean honey ... and thanks for taking such good care of me!

Thanks so much to our dear friends, John and Michael, who sent these beautiful flowers to cheer me up!
And a big thank you to another dear friend, Scott, who came out in the snow storm (and sub-zero temps) to make sure that I was OK and that I had some CHOCOLATE!

Also, thank you to the staff who cared for me at Munson Hospital and Leelanau Urgent care. Everyone was so very compassionate and caring!

I'm home now and resting ...

~Michele

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Andy--for being such a great husband to my dear cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear you are well and fine and yes, sounds as if Andy is indeed, "Spouse of the Year". Beautiful flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone for the kind words and well wishes for Michele. Truly though, the real troopers here and amazing people are Michele, Leelanau Urgent Care (thanks Sandy and Kathy!), and everyone that helped us at Munson Hospital. Today was a little worse for her, but her Surgeon confirmed it as part of the healing process and she should do better in the coming days.

    We'll keep you posted and thank you!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love the flowers. So happy you are getting better. Thank goodness for Andy!!!!!! Wow, that is so scary. Good you have chocolate also. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, Glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better.
    Love, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, Thanks for commenting ... I love the flowers too! They are so bright and cheery! And, as always, .... good to have chocolate!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, Thanks for the well wishes here, as well as the card you guys sent. I appreciate you thinking of me. It's slow going, but I think I am getting there!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete