Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow Shapes - Tufts

Sorry again for the hiatus. Based on what we can tell ourselves across the blogosphere, everyone took a break during the holidays. Luckily, Michele got us going again and here's my first turn for 2011.
We both love all four seasons. And as we tell our loved ones residing way in the south--even the winter. I get a kick out of the infinite shapes the snow makes. All things are transformed by the white blanket. Geometric patterns, fractal patterns, common patterns, etc. 

















This morning was a beautiful, fluffy morning with some sunlight peaking through every so often. I was able to take several shots and here are some samples of what I am simply calling "tufts". Perhaps an inelegant description, but fitting.
I hope to share more snow shapes in future posts.
Enjoy the seasons!
Andy
PS Thanks to Sandy and Bill for the cool metal butterfly yard ornament!

No comments:

Post a Comment