Saturday, July 2, 2011

More Yard Finds

Although this is past it's flowering stage, I found it to be an interesting subject just the same.

Some clover that the bunnies haven't found yet.

The sunset this evening was beautiful.
.
Now I don't really like spiders, but I am always curious about what kind they are. Maybe our friends at "The Agricultural Landscape Ecology Lab," (located in the Entomology Department at Ohio State University) can tell me what kind this is? (The color is not really correct; he/she was up in a dark corner and I had trouble getting the photo. It was a darker brown)

~Michele

2 comments:

  1. Its a crab spider! i actually really like these, they are really not likely to bite people and are not a family that is commonly found in the house. They are often found in flowers or on plants in the garden. They are a sit and wait predator. They sit with their two pairs of long front legs outstretched and when prey come within reach they grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...not "likely" to bite??? Does that mean they do bite?? He is right above the door to the backyard and every time I go out I tell him/her "don't jump on to my head!!" And I have noticed sometimes the front legs are outstretched and I wondered about that! Thanks so much Mary!! I will continue to ask it not to jump on me. ;-)
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete