Monday, October 1, 2012

Macro Monday



OK, this may be a little tough. Can you guess the subject of the above pic?






Does the pic below help?









How about this one?








Is it something . . . fierce?






It is . . . 



An Alpaca! 




Crystal Lake Alpaca Farm has over 40 animals and held an "Alpaca Festival" this weekend. It was a very neat stop as we toured the country side for early signs of fall color. The fiber is warmer than wool, more durable, and hypoallergenic. They are the most docile of creatures and, if you ask me, look as if they were invented by Dr. Seuss! Here are some neat Seuss sites:

SeussVille
WikiSeuss
The Art of Seuss


Yes, Michele wants two. And, no, we are not getting them. ;->
Andy

4 comments:

  1. Have never been near an Alpaca that I recall, so that's why, of course, I couldn't figure out what the photos were ...and I'm sticking to that story.

    Adorable, yes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Brenda ... I think you have a great story and you should stick too it!! : ) Andy is planning to post some more Alpaca pix this Friday!! They are sooooo cute ... I had such fun that afternoon. Andy got my a skien of yarn spun from their fiber ... I am planning to make a scarf.

      ~Michele

      Delete
  2. I think Michele should have them. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!! I need all the help I can get! It would be such fun to have a few ... but I'm not sure if I would find it fun on sub-zero mornings ... ha ha!!
      ~Michele

      Delete