Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cat Nap Wednesdays


Our poor little Katie. When we went to bed last Thursday night everything was fine. Woke up Friday morning to a very sick kitty. By Friday evening she was in emergency surgery. It turned out to be a large hairball that she could not cough up. We are so grateful that it was something simple to remove. 

 This is a very poor photo but Katie was trying to show everyone her bandage. 

 Napping.


 Katie says "It may look like I am bothering my incision ... but I am not and I will not wear the cone of shame. And, furthermore, I am regaining my strength and if you think you are going to continue to cram those pills down my throat, you have another thing coming!" Yes, she is feeling much better today and acting much more like herself. A word of advice, even if your kitty never throws up hairballs and you brush her daily .... give her hairball medicine anyway. Katie doesn't like the hairball medicine and since she hardly ever threw up a hairball, I thought brushing her everyday was enough. We never knew there was a problem till it was too late. 

Feeling better!

Andy, Katie, and I want to thank everyone at the "Suttons Bay Animal Hospital" for the great care, for working late on a Friday night to care for our baby and for all the follow-up care. Once again, you have come to our rescue! From the bottom of our hearts ... Thank you, Thank you, Purr, Purr!

~Michele

2 comments:

  1. So pleased to read she is feeling better. Thankfully, no cone of shame. Those things are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda! She was doing pretty well when I did this post, but then she got quite sick again! Darn ... poor baby. Now she is doing much better ... lets hope it continues! She is such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete