Friday, April 29, 2011

Birthday Card

April is a busy birthday month on my calendar, with some weeks having a birthday each day. This is a card I made for my dear friend, Sonja. We have been stamping buddies for nearly 16 years. Through stamping, became our wonderful friendship. We met over a bakery counter, so I thought this card was perfect. It was interesting how we met. My Mom and I were on our annual girls get-a-way vacation, where we had become friends with a bakery owner (go figure), Pam. I was telling Pam about my new stamping hobby. She mentioned her friend, who also just started stamping and suggested I send her a card. When Pam handed the address over the bakery counter, I found that Sonja and I lived in the same town. Although we lived just a mile apart, we wrote letters and sent stamped cards, for several months, before ever met. Since then, we've both re-located, but continue to send weekly letters and cards.

The ribbon on the card is from "Fabric.com." And the tray of cupcakes is from "Impression Obsession."

Seize the cupcake stamp is from "Hero Arts."

~Michele

2 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely card and story of friendship. Seize the Cupcake))...! Now to explore the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda! We do often laugh that her address was passed to me over a bakery counter, as we both love sweets!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete