Sunday, July 18, 2010

Heirloom Tomato Frittata



We love eggs and I just got into making frittatas this year. I was inspired to make another this morning after rejoicing, yes, REJOICING, that local heirloom tomatoes were at our farmer's market yesterday. And, they are too die for!


Nothing special here: finely chopped garlic scapes sauteed in Tuscan herb infused olive oil and spinach, pour in 5 beaten eggs. Let cook half way through, top with sliced tomatoes and broil until slightly brown on top, firm and/or eggs are NOT runny in the middle. I then garnished it with chopped cilantro. 


Sweet cherries are still in season as are raspberries. I pitted the former and combined with the latter to accompany a frittata slice. It was great!


Andy


3 comments:

  1. Wow..to die for is right..this sounds and looks wonderful!(Please please let us here at our home have heirlooms soon))). Rejoice!! That's one beautiful frittata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds yummy :) Does Michele eat eggs??

    Xxoo Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Brenda: we ate the last tomato today. Since we aren't gardens we have to wait for market on Saturday.

    Sonja: Funny you should ask about the egg, cause as we was mixing them I mentioned to Andy that I don't know how much longer I can eat eggs. I haven't eaten red meat in over 20 years, and it's been about 17 years for other meats. I haven't taken the step to becoming vegan yet though.
    ~michele

    ReplyDelete