Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baking

When I was young my Mom always made these Wedding Cake cookie look-a-likes for me, because I didn't like the nuts in the traditional ones. (To this day, I still don't like nuts in baked goods.)

Meltaways
1 C butter
1/2 C powdered sugar (plus extra for rolling)
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
2 1/4 C flour

Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, salt and flour. Chill dough till firm. Preheat oven to 400. Use a melon ball scoop to scoop teaspoons of dough. Roll in to balls* and bake on shiny cookie sheet for 7 - 8 minutes; till set but not brown. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
Yield: 3 - 4 dozen
* You can also roll a couple chocolate chips in the center if desired.


Take a break, have a cup of tea and a cookie; enjoy the season.

~Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment