Saturday, October 23, 2010

Para-sailing

Depending upon your viewpoint, I was lucky enough to go para-sailing last summer. This was for a magazine article that did not get published in the end (long story). Regardless, it was an amazing experience. 
Our Great Lakes are often called, appropriately enough, the Inland Seas. Hopefully these pictures will help you see why. These are taken over (East) Grand Traverse Bay which is just one of many bays off of the big lake, Lake Michigan. It is split by a peninsula called Old Mission so you will see shots of that as well in some of these.
I would not recommend this though for the faint at heart or anyone prone to motion sickness. I wouldn't describe myself as sensitive to the latter, but was thrown a curve ball.
Dangling in the air about 600 feet high while twisting my body to take about 450 pix made me, after 20 minutes, sick! It was all grand until then. I made it to my car, drove to a shady spot and had to sleep it off! Whew . . . I kept my cookies. ;->
Andy
Note my shadow in the lower right!

No comments:

Post a Comment