Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cat Nap Wednesdays


Katie looked puzzled when I got my snowshoes out last weekend. I hadn't used them this year, and she seemed to being saying "Isn't it a bit late for these?"
The clean up in our area continues. Many people are patiently waiting for power to be restored. On the news, I heard one man calmly say "It's 28 degrees in my house this morning, makes it hard to get much done." Wow! We were so lucky to have our power back so soon. It has warmed up quite a bit during the daytime hours and the snow is quickly melting. With that, I noticed that we did lose several pine trees, some forsythia and also lilacs. Really, very little compared to many of our friends.


A few of weeks ago I purchased these cardboard refills for a couple of Katie's scratching 'thingies'. She watched me open them ... well, all I need to say is "this is for you" and she comes running ... it really is quite sweet. As soon as I had them out of the box she starting scratching and then sat down. She seemed quite pleased with them, so I left them there. Andy says "Does her stuff have to be everywhere??" Hum ... ask Katie....


~Michele

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you lost power but glad it was restored quickly. Hope that was the last of the snow!

    ReplyDelete