Monday, December 5, 2011

Hafle, Part II--the Food!

Sambusak

Here are some shots of the food. The original list was suggested and compiled by Doc. And, what a great list it turned out to be! Thanks, Doc! I provide more details on the Halva I made at the end.
Andy

THE LIST
Arak
Baba ghanoush
Baklava
Djaj (chicken) dish
Dolma
Falafel
Fattoush
Ful medames
Gagik (plain yogurt with diced cucumbers and mint leaves)
Ghoraiybah (cookies!)
Halva
Hummus bi tahini
Kefta Kebab
Kibbe
Lentil soup
Maqlouba
Megadarra
Pita bread
Qahoua `Arabiyah (Arabic coffee)
Rice with almonds, saffron, cherries
Sambusak
Shish kebab
Tabbouleh










Dolma




Halva, cut into fudge like chunks.

The halva recipe is here at www.Persian-Recipes.com. The best way I learned to make it was from the video on this post. NOTE: I used butter for my oil, dusted the top with nutmeg, and covered it with crushed pistachios.


2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words, many foods I am familiar with but others I am not. Anything with pistachio and cherries has to be delicious. How lucky you were to share in such a special celebration.

    ReplyDelete