Monday, November 14, 2011

Orb Weaver

I was outside assessing the damage of a recent visit to our cedar shake siding from a Pileated Woodpecker. Michele heard the . . . "pecker" . . . from inside the house since it sounded like distant gun fire. Boy, can they peck. 
For 3 months out of the year it's dark when I leave for work and when I come back home. As I was walking around with a flashlight I spied this gal in front of our garage door. Yep, a gorgeous spider specimen of a group called orb weavers. I haven't had time to research her specifically, but I did have to post her pix tonight. I think it is a "she" because of her size; females are typically larger than males. 
Sleep tight . . . ;->
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Oh well I didn't know that...females are typically larger. She looks rather beautiful..great close ups.

    ReplyDelete