Friday, May 13, 2011

Pix for Sale!



Gotta make a few plugs . . .


Small Works Show
First, many of my pix will be in the Small Works Show at Dennos Museum starting Thursday evening, May 19 through Sunday, May 22. All submitted pieces must be 5x7x1 or smaller and be under $50 and a max of 10 are displayed at once. I have submitted 20 5x7's pix and hope you'll stop by to check them out. They comprise swans, butterflies and a few other shots seen here. It's a very fun show.


Leelanau Birdfest
This is an inaugural event in our county and long overdue (write-up in MLive). It is a birding festival from Wednesday, June 1 through Sunday, June 5 with events scattered throughout the region. I'll have 6 matted 8x10's on display and for sale at the Suttons Bay Visitor Center. These consist of a variety of birds (of course!). If you like birds stop by the visitor center during your participation!


Heart of Zen
Lastly, I was very fortunate to work with Michelle Racich for photography of her wonderful Chinese medicine practice, Heart of Zen. Michelle is a very cool person, has amazing knowledge and skills in the art of ancient healing, and taught us Qigong. 


(Also, she holds the rank of second dan with the American Tae Kwon Do Association and first dan with the World Martial Arts Federation and American Tae Kwon Do Federation.)


Michele (MY Michele, that is!) and I feel lucky to have her in our community and I really enjoyed the photoshoot of her studio


Thanks!
Andy

5 comments:

  1. Andy...what fun! Wish I could attend. Also, the Heart of Zen Studio was enlightening; do not believe we have the equivalent here in N.S. Must check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bren! We've been to the small works show and it is fun and are looking forward to the birding event. I personally can atest to the success I've had with Chinese medicine---it is helped me a lot (neck/shoulder injury).
    Talk to you soon!
    And

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,

    HOW AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you...to bad I don't live closer I would love to see your work framed. You are a very talented photographer.

    I wish you all the best!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes! We think these are all very fun and wish you could check them out first hand. Happy Spring!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete