Friday, April 12, 2013

Ice Macros and Such

Kinda like a gem-ice encased lilac bud.

Yep, about half the state of Michigan had a late winter storm: ice, sleet, snow, rain, cats, dogs, etc. Since I was frozen in, I worked from home half the day and took pix the other half! 

Not a bad surprise . . . happy spring.

Andy

PS Don't forget that clicking on the images should provide a slideshow.





The pine trees are so frail right now--one touch and this frozen branch would have broken off.







Lichen on lilac, under glass-ice.

That's right . . . no line drying today.







5 comments:

  1. Exquisite photos Andy. Sad to see though..will the buds survive? Hopefully so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, Thanks so much for the compliments. I do hope the buds will survive!
      ~Michele

      Delete
  2. Uncle Picture, Great photos! I have been taking my own, with ur fancy camera. If I would only stop deleteing them when I format, learning......Julie did give me a crash course at x-mas. I will post some day...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen and thanks for reading our blog!
      ~Aunie M

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete