Monday, June 4, 2012

Macro Monday



OK, I thought for this Macro Monday I'd give a little background of macro photographic equipment as opposed to macro shots themselves. There are many ways to shoot macro shots. First, you may have heard the common mantra, "You do NOT need a great camera to take great pictures."


I do believe this is really true, but I have one additional comment though. Having great equipment makes it MUCH easier to take great shots! That I see is the difference. 


In that I am lucky since I have been able to assemble good equipment piece-by-piece over the years. Here are two shots of a typical macro photographic setup. Note the tripod, special macro lens, special lens attachments to hold flashes, special macro flashes to light small subjects, and the wireless flash control.


A slightly different angle.


The latter allows the camera body to control the flashes WITHOUT any wires. You just set up each flash so the camera can communicate with it and then control the flash firing or output levels from the camera body. There are not any wires/cables because it uses a pre-flash burst of light to send the commands. The pre-flash light burst command does not delay anything in a practical sense since it's faster than the eye--the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. Amazing to me!


Good luck with your macro shots.
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Easier would be much better, but it would deny me (with my simple point and shoot) the pain of cramped fingers, sore knees from bending, taking twenty shots for that one perfect one..and did I mention the sore knees or the mud on the tshirt for the asparagus shoots shots..or..or...

    ReplyDelete